HW Heinrich is a person who has studied the causes that give rise to serious industrial accidents in the 1920s.
Study results Summarized as follows:
The causes of major accidents has three aspects.
1. Why did the people (Human Cause) is 88%, with the highest number of accidents every example work incorrectly. The careless negligence of a propensity to hazardous work and so on.
2. This is caused by the failure of equipment (Mechanical Failure) amounted to only 10% of all accidents, for example, dangerous parts of machinery defenseless, machinery or equipment defects. Including plant layout inappropriate. Unsafe working environment and so on.
3. The natural born (Acts of God) amounted to only 2% are caused by natural causes. Beyond its control, such as storms, floods, lightning, etc.
In the year 1931 Herbert W. Heinrich Industrial Accident Prevention has published a book about the revolutionary ideas about preventing accidents and enhancing the safety of the plant entirely. He was the main cause of accidents is two aspects.
1. unsafe acts (Unsafe Acts) is a great cause accidents accounted for 85% of all accidents, for example.
1.1 not working properly or not the procedure.
1.2 The attitude is wrong, such as accidental is a matter of fate. Edit prevent
1.3 negligence in their work.
1.4 careless lapses defocused
1.5 The risk propensity
1.6 Failure to comply with the rules of safety at work.
1.7 work without personal protective equipment.
1.8 Subject to Abuse
1.9 Removing the cover of the danger of leaving with the feeling annoyed. Not working Or removed for repair and then put back.
1.10 The use of tools or equipment are not suitable for applications such as glass bottles nail instead of the hammer.
1:11 Josh collaborate.
1:12 to work with the body and mind are not ready or unusual discomfort hangover have a dispute with my family and so on.
2. unsafe conditions (Unsafe Condition) is a secondary cause. The figure was 15%, for example.
2.1 dangerous parts (part) of the machine. No mask or protective equipment.
2.2 The plant layout is wrong.
2.3 The orderly and dirty in storage material.
2.4 The rugged plant floor Bumpy
2.5 environment to work in unsafe or inadequate hygiene, such as lighting, noise, excessive heat, dust, vapors, toxic chemicals, and so on.
2.6 machinery, tools or equipment defects. Lack of repair or maintenance Appropriate treatment
2.7 electrical system or electrical defects and so on